TIME Fashion Show is an annual event celebrating rising talents in fashion, hair, makeup, music and photography. 2016 is the 10th Anniversary of the Fashion Show and is promising to be a glamorous night for a fantastic cause. All proceeds will be going towards the great projects of Days for Girls Australia.
Saturday 20th August
New Globe Theatre, Fortitude Valley
$15 for members* | $20 for non-members
For tickets, please visit the TIME Store.
*If you're a current member, please check your email (and Junk folder) for your discount code and enter it at checkout to receive your member discount. If you'd like to become a member and receive lifetime discounts to events and other benefits, select "Fashion Show 2016 + New Membership" in the TIME Store.
If you consider yourself a designer, please get in contact with email@example.com
Also keep an eye out for calls for amateur and aspiring models!
In previous years...
The TIME Annual Charity Fashion show has been running for several years now and is a glamorous night showcasing Brisbane’s most-up-and-coming creative talents in the fields of fashion, music and photography. Usually held each year at The Zoo in Fortitude Valley, the show is an excellent platform for talent with all proceeds going to a chosen charity by TIME with a Global Health focus.
Our past events have been hugely successful with proceeds going to initiatives such as Operation Smile Australia and the funding of TIME Medical Aid Project, which purchases essential medical equipment and supplies for struggling medical centres in developing countries around the world. From past fashion shows, TIME has been able to supply essential equipment and medicine to countries including Papua New Guinea, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, India and Peru.
The TIME Charity Fashion show prides itself on showcasing fantastic designers from around the country, with some of the past participants being the 2009 MSIT Billabong Swimwear Fashion Designer of the Year, Swarovski Young Designer of the Year Nominee, Dubai International Fashion Show Exhibitor, Fashion graduates from QUT with impressive achievements, Australian clothing labels such as Dyani, Infinite Society and accessory designer Sistaco.
What’s a fashion show without some music? Up-and-coming musicians, ranging from local bands to bands that have emerged from our own talented medical students will give you the ambience that you need for a spectacular evening! Some of the past performances have been by:
- The Dashounds: a Brisbane based band that launched their EP in April 2014 and been featured on Triple J Unearthed.
- Rupert Grint & the Discussions: a band formed by a number of talented UQ Medical Students, who sang into the night with their outstanding vocals and slick musical styling.
- Astrid and the Asteroids: this Brisbane band released their debut EP in January 2012 and had a successful East Coast Tour, with praises from Rave Magazine.
- Hven: Taking influence from bands such as Daft Punk and the Cure, Hven’s music is engaging and thoroughly easy to dance to.
- The Chutes: Has been played in Triple J and Triple M and other local stations state-wide. In addition, their debut EP had been featured on digital radio stations locally and internationally, and had been used of Foxtel Fuel’s TV.
The show also features models from the UQ medical cohorts across the 4 years with glamorous make up and hair by Azorah Hair Bar, and we would also like to thank all our generous sponsors for their continuous support for TIME and the Charity Fashion Show.
Don’t forget to check out the past photos and videos on the Facebook page and look forward to the upcoming TIME Fashion Show in 2015 which promises to be a fantastic night filled with music, fashion and glamour!